Originating in Central Mexico, Avocados are now grown in warm climates all around the world.
- Wide range of nutrients including 11 vitamins and 14 minerals
- Rich in antioxidants to reduce damage from free radicals
- Scientists in California have reported that Avocado oil contains an as yet unidentified substance that has the ability to stimulate ageing collagen to rebuild itself
A 1991 study shows that Avocado oil may mobilize and increase the collagen content of connective tissue
Vitamins A, D, and E, when applied topically, act as powerful antioxidants and free radical scavengers. When combined together they promote natural collagen production in the skin therefore helping to improve skin’s texture, firmness, smoothness, and even pigmentation.
Also known as: Persea gratissima oil
The Bergamot tree is native to South East Asia. The oil has been used in perfumery since the eighteenth century and Bergamot is also used to flavour Earl Grey Tea.
The name origins from the city Bergamo in Italy, where the oil was first sold in Europe. The oil has both uplifting and relaxing properties and is useful for boils, oily skin and acne.
Bergamot oil used in Green People formulations is free from bergaptene, known to cause photo-toxicity.
- A citrusy, sweet aroma with a warm, delicate floral hint
- Antiseptic and balancing properties
- Expression of the ripe fruit peel
Also known as: Citrus aurantium bergamia fruit oil
Mandarins originate from China and were introduced to Europe in the beginning of the nineteenth century.
Mandarin essential oil has both sedative and strengthening properties.
- Delicate, sweet and zesty scent
- Increases circulation to the skin, reduces fluid retention and promotes cell regeneration
- Can help to prevent stretch marks
- Produced through expression of the peel
Also known as: Citrus nobilis peel oil
Seaweed extract is rich in mucilage which forms a gel-like structure when fully hydrated, increasing spreadability of creams and lotions on the skin and increasing hydration of the skin.
This helps to lock water into the outer skin layers to maintain moisture levels and prevent dryness.
- Rich source of minerals and trace elements essential for normal skin cell function
- Increases skin hydration
- Plumps the skin, reducing the appearance of fine lines and wrinkles
- Smoothes the skin surface
Also known as Fucus vesiculosus extract