The Chamomile plant has been well known for millennia – the name comes from ancient Greek meaning Earth Apple referring to the scent and shape of the flower head, and the Egyptians dedicated Chamomile to their Sun god Ra.
- Chamomile Flower extract is a rich source of flavonoids and also contains aromatic components in the form of an essential oil
- This combination has anti-inflammatory actions, helping to soothe inflamed, red-looking skin
- It also has antioxidant effects, helping to quench and neutralise free radical activity
Also known as: Chamomilla recutita flower extract
Marshmallow root contains significant amounts of mucilage which makes it an excellent emollient with soothing and calming effects on the skin.
Marshmallow extract also helps to protect hyaluronic acid on the skin, which plays an important role in organizing the structure of the dermis, maintaining moisture levels of the skin and aiding in the wound healing processes.
- Soothing and calming
- Reduces redness and protects the skin surface
- Maintains moisture levels
Also known as: Althaea officinalis root extract
Geranium is native to South Africa and related to Cranesbill, and valued as a medicinal herb.
It is wound healing, balances the production of sebum and is valuable for both congested and oily skin as well as very dry skin.
- A distinctive fresh, sweet and rose-like aroma
- Anti-inflammatory, calming and astringent
- Suitable for all skin types, including mature, acne, broken capillaries, congested skin, dermatitis and eczema
- Steam distillation of the leaves
Also known as: Pelargonium graveolens oil
Seaweed extract is rich in mucilage which forms a gel-like structure when fully hydrated, increasing spreadability of creams and lotions on the skin and increasing hydration of the skin.
This helps to lock water into the outer skin layers to maintain moisture levels and prevent dryness.
- Rich source of minerals and trace elements essential for normal skin cell function
- Increases skin hydration
- Plumps the skin, reducing the appearance of fine lines and wrinkles
- Smoothes the skin surface
Also known as Fucus vesiculosus extract