The festive season is the time for your natural make-up to sparkle! Here Amy, our in-house Make-up Artist, shares her tips for perfecting your Christmas make-up ahead of the 2019 party season.
STEP 1: CLEANSE
Make-up should always be applied to clean, dry skin. To melt away make-up, warm a small amount of Ultimate Wonder Balm in your hands and massage it gently over face, eyes and neck. This multi-purpose product can then be rinsed off and then used to tame eyebrows or soothe dry, chapped lips.
STEP 2: PRIME
- Combine the Hydrate & Renew Serum with the Cell Enrich Facial Oil and apply it by tapping it lightly into the skin. This skin-priming combination smooths the skin surface so that make-up glides on and stays put
- To help your Christmas eye make-up stand out, use the pressed mineral powder to prime your eyelids prior to applying eyeshadow or eyeliner
- To prime the lips, apply a nourishing Lip Primer. We make ours with Carnauba and Beeswax as these natural ingredients anchor mineral lipstick pigment and help prevent lipsticks from bleeding
ADD YOUR SPARKLE
Now that your skin is primed, it is time add your festive mineral make-up.
For a subtle and stylish party look, you can’t go wrong with a smoky eye! But if you want to add a little extra sparkle to your Christmas party look, opt for our Night Forest Pressed Mineral Powder Duo. Made with a golden hue, this party-perfect eyeshadow pallete delivers a subtle satin shimmer and is ideal for blue and brown-eyed beauties.
AMY’S FESTIVE EYESHADOW APPLICATION TIPS:
- Use the gold tone all over the lid, layering the colour to create your desired intensity.
- Apply the dark brown shade to the outer corner of your eyelid.
- Brighten the eyes by applying the Illuminating Eye Duo on the inner corner of your eyes.
- For extra sparkle, dab a little shimmery bronzer onto the middle of your lid.
Eyeliner is one of the few cosmetic products that can truly change the way you look and with the right application, you can make your eyes appear wider or smaller. Applying eyeliner can be fiddly so to help you find your ideal eyeliner, we have created an organic eyeliner application guide.
Mascara and false eyelashes can be a minefield if you have sensitive eyes but our Volumising Mascara is made with natural vitamin E and plant oils that are kind to sensitive eyes whilst they elongate your lashes. Wear a subtle sweep of this conditioning mascara during the day then build up the volume to create a thick and full evening lash look.
AMY’S MASCARA APPLICATION TIP:
For long and luscious lashes, work the mascara from the roots in a zig-zag motion to build up volume.
Whether you choose to glam-up in a gemstone coloured dress or opt for an elegant black outfit, you can lift your look with your choice of lipstick.
So that our mineral lipsticks deliver long-lasting colour we make them with multi-dimensional mineral pigment. Universally flattering, these highly pigmented earth minerals deliver a muted colour that lasts and lasts. Dare to bare with a classic Velvet Matte Damask Rose shade or bring a blush of winter berry to your party style by applying our beautiful Berry Nude Lipstick.
AMY’S CHRISTMAS LIPSTICK APPLICATION TIPS:
- Plump out your lips by using a small lip brush and applying your lipstick to the outer lip
- Gently blend the colour towards the inner lip to create the illusion of a full lip
- Remove any excess by folding a clean tissue and gently blotting it between the lips
A nutrient-rich facial oil which promotes cell regeneration and reduces wrinkles
Organic eyeliner pencil for naturally defined eyes
Organic matte lipstick in a berry shade suited to all skin tones