This guide gives information on why your hair can become frizzy. We take a look at how to tame frizziness naturally and suggest some of the best products for frizzy hair.
What is frizzy hair?
Frizzy hair isn't something that you are born with - it's the consequence of your hair having too little moisture. Frizzy hair is simply curly hair that is too dry.
" Frizzy hair is simply curly hair that has become too dry. "
Curly hair is often dry because the curl forces a layer of the hair outwards, leaving it more open to dehydration. Frizzy hair can often appear thick, coarse and easily tangled.
Often if you dye your hair or use hot styling tools your hair can become even drier and worsen frizziness.
The best products for frizzy hair
- Wash your hair regularly using our Moisturising Shampoo. This is made with ingredients such as Marshmallow and Chamomile extracts to nourish dry hair and give it a moisture boost
- Follow with Moisturising Conditioner with its smoothing formula rich in Jojoba and Avocado oils to promote silkiness and shine
- Give definition to waves and curls after washing by scrunching in a small amount of Quinoa & Avocado Hair Serum
- Do a special ‘deep condition’ every so often by leaving the conditioner in for 10 minutes with the hair wrapped in a warm towel before rinsing thoroughly
How to control frizzy hair naturally
Luckily there are plenty of ways you can get frizzy hair back under control. Hydration is the key to turning frizzy hair into fantastic lustrous, curly hair.
- Use cool water to rinse off your hair. This will help the hair cuticle to close and reduce frizziness to give you a smoother look
- Pat wet hair with a towel and let it drip dry instead of blow drying. Be gentle, wet hair is very delicate and can be easily damaged
- Try not to use any styling products or colour on your hair as they will make your hair even drier and damage it further
- Have your hair trimmed regularly to get rid of those split ends
- Borrow some products from the kitchen and rinse your hair with a baking soda solution to get rid of built-up products, and with lemon juice or apple cider vinegar mixed with water for a stunning shine
- Eat a healthy diet and drink plenty of water
Our customer care team is happy to help with any questions you may have about choosing products for frizzy hair. Please call us on 01403 740350 or leave your comment or question below.