This guide gives some of our top skin care tips for men, from the best ways to avoiding shaving rash to how to fight the signs of ageing.
Men's skin care tips
- Ditch the bar of soap and wash your face every morning and evening with a non-drying face wash such as Green People For Men - No. 2 Soothing Shave Gel.
" Exfoliate your skin twice a week with a natural exfoliator. "
- Exfoliate your skin twice a week with a gentle natural exfoliator, such as No. 1 Exfoliating Face Scrub, to remove dead skin cells and reduce the risk of ingrown hairs
- Avoid the use of astringent after-shave products as these often contain alcohol which can irritate and sensitive the skin. Instead, use a soothing moisturiser such as No. 3 Cooling Moisturiser or No. 7 Antioxidant Repair Serum
- If you have very sensitive skin or do not like scented products, you may like to try our range of scent-free products.
Men's anti-ageing tips
Retaining your youthful looks is just as important for men as for women.
- One of the best ways to protect your skin from the signs of ageing is to use sun lotion to protect your skin from the damaging and ageing effects of the sun. Try our Scent-Free Sun Lotion SPF25.
- Moisturise, moisturise, moisturise. Dry skin shows the signs of ageing faster so whenever you wash your face or get out of the shower, apply a little No. 3 Cooling Moisturiser.
- A daily natural anti-ageing serum like our No. 7 Antioxidant Repair Serum can also provide your skin with proven herbal actives to fight wrinkles for younger looking skin.
- When shaving, use a natural shaving gel such as No. 2 Soothing Shave Gel and work it into a rich lather using a damp shaving brush. Try to leave this on for a few minutes to help soften your stubble
" Using a blunt razor is one of the key causes of shaving rash. "
- For the best shave it is important to note the direction of the growth of your facial hair - this is the direction in which you should shave. Use slow but short sweeps with a steady pressure, starting from the sides of your ears and working towards the chin
- Always use a sharp razor - using a blunt blade is one of the key causes of shaving rash
- Use your free hand to keep the skin taut and to create a smoother surface to shave
- Rinse the razor frequently to prevent clogging with residues of foam and bristles
Our customer care team is happy to help with any questions you may have about men’s skin care. Please call us on 01403 740350 or leave your comment or question below.