It can be a struggle to find the best skin care regime for acne, whether you are in your teens or dealing with adult acne. We'd like to help you discover which ingredients to avoid and to introduce you to a natural way of caring for acne-prone skin, whatever your age.
Which ingredients can make acne worse?
Harsh ingredients in facial products (such as Mineral Oil, Silicones and Paraffin Wax) can sometimes be the cause of acne-type reactions so avoiding the use of these synthetic chemicals can help improve acne in some cases.
Petrochemical ingredients can actually act like wrapping the skin in cling film, which can again exacerbate skin problems.
Alcohol (ethanol or ethyl alcohol), which is commonly used in many mainstream and even some natural and organic skin care products, can dry the skin and also causes increased oil production which can lead to the production of spots.
Welcome to a natural approach to acne skin care
Green People has a range of products specifically targeted at those prone to blemishes and breakouts, this is called Oy! – Organic Young. This range is suitable for sufferers of spots and blemishes of any age.
We use none of the above ingredients in our clean, honest skin care regime for acne-prone skin. Instead we use pure botanicals which balance your skin and calm inflammation.
The key ingredients that offer these benefits are: -
- Willow Bark extract which kills the bacteria which lead to spots.
- Prebiotics which support the good bacteria on the skin whilst restricting the growth of harmful bacteria.
- Tea Tree is a key ingredient in the fight against spots; this is a special extract with antibacterial properties.
- Rosehip which has excellent tissue regeneration properties to reduce blemishes scarring the skin.
- Green Tea which reduces red blemishes with its amazing anti-inflammatory action.
- Omega-3&6 fatty acids which coat the skin whilst nourishing and preventing moisture loss.
Try using the Oy! Clear Skin Foaming Face Wash which will draw out impurities from the skin leaving it clean and balanced. In the summer time you may want to use a facial moisturiser which contains sun protection.
To target spots directly try Oy! Clear Skin Blemish Concealer which not only covers unsightly blemishes but also has a soothing, anti-inflammatory action to mend the spot.