The days are getting longer and warmer but is your beauty regime ready for springtime? Read on to discover everything you need to know about spring sun protection and skin care.
Spring: is it warm enough for sun cream?
Warmth or clear blue skies aren’t the best way of determining whether or not you should be wearing sun protection.
Skin-damaging UVA rays can pass through clouds so even if the weather is more showery than sunny you should consider applying some form of UV protection if you are going to be outside – or even sitting inside by a window.
Does my skin care provide adequate sun protection?
If your skin care features the letters SPF on the label it is likely that it offers some degree of UVB protection against skin burning sun rays.
- An SPF15 rating filters out 93% of UVB rays
- An SPF30 rating filters out 97% of UVB rays
SPF only safeguards against UVB light and to check that your sun cream also provides protection against skin-damaging UVA rays, you should look for the UVA symbol.
Which Green People sun products are best for spring?
Our award-winning sun creams are perfect for year-round sun care, offering sun protection in a natural and organic formula. Our bestselling Scent Free Facial Sun Cream SPF30 is the ideal solution for sensitive skin.
In addition to sun creams, moisturisers, make-up and beauty supplements may also offer sun protection and can help ensure your skin is adequately protected against spring sunshine. Discover here the wide selection of Green People products which contain SPF protection.
FOR YOUR FACE: SPF MOISTURISERS
FOR YOUR BODY: NATURAL SUN CREAMS
More ways to freshen up skin care for spring
As well as the return of sunny days, the arrival of spring is also an opportunity to make other changes to your routine. Here are our top-tips for refreshing your skin care for spring:
- Make the most of the longer hours of daylight with activities and nutrition to boost vitality and wellbeing. A healthier lifestyle will be reflected in brighter skin.
- Unless your skin is very dry, you may wish to reduce your use of heavier balms and facial oils and switch to a lighter skin regime. We love our Hydrating Firming Serum for offering incredible hydration in a very light formula.
- Give your body a thorough exfoliation, paying particular attention to feet, knees and elbows, in readiness for short-sleeved t-shirts and sandals.
- Once the sun is out, give your face a natural glow with our Gradual Tan Moisturiser, a facial moisturiser which allows you to gently build-up your colour.
How do you change your skin care regime in the spring? Join the conversation at @GreenPeopleUK.