Sweet Almond oil is pressed from the ripe kernels of the almond tree, which originates in the United States, and is a light yellow, viscous oil. It has long been regarded as a valuable aid to skin health, known for its non-irritating and soothing properties.
- An excellent emollient (softening and soothing to the skin)
- Helps the skin to balance its loss and absorption of moisture
- Provides long-term protection against dryness
- Rich concentration of oleic and linoleic fatty acids helps to relieve irritation, inflammation and itching
It helps to promote a clear, young-looking complexion, making it ideal for all skin types and age groups.
Also known as: Prunus amygdalus dulcis oil
Originating in Central Mexico, Avocados are now grown in warm climates all around the world.
- Wide range of nutrients including 11 vitamins and 14 minerals
- Rich in antioxidants to reduce damage from free radicals
- Scientists in California have reported that Avocado oil contains an as yet unidentified substance that has the ability to stimulate ageing collagen to rebuild itself
A 1991 study shows that Avocado oil may mobilize and increase the collagen content of connective tissue
Vitamins A, D, and E, when applied topically, act as powerful antioxidants and free radical scavengers. When combined together they promote natural collagen production in the skin therefore helping to improve skin’s texture, firmness, smoothness, and even pigmentation.
Also known as: Persea gratissima oil
Extracted from the seeds of the Musk Rose which is thought to have originated in the foothills of the Himalayas, this species of rose has been cultivated for over 500 years and is grown commercially in the Southern Andes in Chile.
- Known for its tissue regenerating properties, and often used in the repair of damaged tissue
- Well documented anti-ageing activity, helps reduce fine lines and wrinkles
- Ideal for sensitive skin or when skin is exposed to UV light or radiation
- High levels of Linoleic (Omega-6) and Linolenic (Omega-3) essential fatty acids
Also known as: Rosa moschata seed oil
Rosemary extract is rich in terpenoids which have strong antioxidant activity especially against fats and lipids including those that are present in skin cell membranes. By protecting these lipids, cell membrane function is maintained and cell viability increased.
This extract also contains flavonoids and phenolic acids which, together with terpenoids, have anti-inflammatory activity, particularly by reducing the formation of prostaglandins.
- Strong antioxidants to help maintain cell membrane function and increase cell viability
- Anti-inflammatory properties
- Ideal for sensitive, irritated skin
Also known as: Rosmarinus officinalis leaf extract