We’re big fans of beauty balms at Green People and believe that these versatile skin care staples should have a spot in every skin care routine. Here we proudly introduce One Balm. our latest beauty balm innovation and reveal why we think it is our best multi-purpose balm yet!
What is a zero-waste beauty balm?
One Balm is our botanical beauty balm for all genders and skin types. A beauty industry first, this zero-waste beauty balm is presented in a petite wood dust pot that degrades in soil after use, leaving no trace of microplastics behind.
Nothing went to waste when bringing this 100% multi-purpose balm to the certified organic skin care market. The journey to the jar started in a sustainably grown forest where the sawdust used to make the pot was produced as a by-product and would otherwise have gone to waste. The biodegradable box is made from wood pulp, plant polymers and 25% grass fibre.
First degradable beauty packaging in the UK
With our carbon-neutral sugar cane squeezy tubes and 25% grass pulp Nordic Roots cardboard cartons, we had already made a lot of progress on our promise to reduce single plastic packaging by 2022, but we wanted to do more.
By packaging One Balm in the UK’s first 100% degradable beauty packaging we have found a way to offer our customers a truly low-waste multipurpose balm and are helping to weed microplastics out of the beauty industry.
One Balm’s botanic formulation is equally ethical. The sustainably sourced ingredients include a nourishing nectar of skin-soothing Pomegranate, Frankincense and Myrrh. Entirely ethically sourced, the Myrrh is collected by female Himba tribeswomen and fairly traded to support this traditional community.
DID YOU KNOW?
Green People has supported the Himba tribe for over a decade. Find out more about our work with this nomadic tribal community.
The best beauty balm uses
A multi-tasking beauty balm, One Balm cocoons skin in a protective layer of nourishing plant actives that calm the skin, It is a multi-purpose balm that can be used for everything from a cracked heel balm to cuticle care, shaving and double cleansing.
It is ideal for storing in your handbag, on your desk or on the bathroom shelf.
To ensure it is suitable for everyone in the household to use, One Balm is gender neutral, cruelty-free and free from ingredients that might agitate sensitive skin.
How to use the One Balm beauty balm
A balm that all the family can use, One Balm’s versatility makes it a staple product for those low-waste shoppers seeking to streamline their bathroom products. Here we reveal our favourite ways to use our eco-friendly beauty balm.
- DIRECTLY ON DRY PATCHES: Calm and care for elbows, knees and toes
- AN UNBEATABLE BROW BALM: Blend One Balm into the brows for salon-sleek, softer eyebrows
- AN ORGANIC CLEANSING BALM: Be a dab-hand at double cleansing and use One Balm to lift away make-up
- A CALMING BALM: Give skin a cushiony comfort by working One Balm’s anti-inflammatory actives into any area of sore skin
- A POST-SHAVE BALM: Soothe post-shave soreness by applying One Balm on the legs or bikini line after shaving or waxing
- A HERO HEEL BALM: Calm cracked heels by applying to the feet before popping on a pair of cotton socks
- A CUTICLE BALM: Nourish the nails by soothing onto the cuticle as and when needed
- A SPORTS BALM: Keep this pint-sized product in your kit bag and apply to skin that’s prone to chafing
- A NATURAL TATTOO BALM: Help skin to heal by lightly laying this gentle balm onto freshly tattooed skin
- A NATURAL LIP BALM: Add shine and softness with One Balm’s naturally nourishing actives
- A NOSE BALM: Calm red, sore skin by dabbing One Balm around the nostrils
- A SKI SLOPE SKIN ESSENTIAL: Apply under goggles to stop irritation around the eye area
- A HELMET HERO: If you cycle or wear a safety helmet for work, use to keep the forehead free from irritation
How to dispose of One Balm degradable packaging
Used all your balm? You can either upcycle the packaging or dispose of it by taking it to an industrial compost collection point or adding it to your general waste. The packaging will gradually decompose, leaving no trace of microplastic behind.