We believe a body lotion should be part of everyone's post-bath beauty regime! Great for all skin types, body lotion is the easiest way to elevate your dip in the bath to a home-spa soak.
5 benefits of body lotion
Here are 5 of the best reasons to use a body lotion:
- Body lotion locks in moisture: Bathing in hot water and shaving body hair can leave skin dry and deplete its natural oils. Applying a natural body lotion rich in hydrating actives can help to replenish moisture levels so that skin stays soft and balanced.
- Body lotion supports the skin barrier: The skin barrier is the skin’s front line of defence against microbial invasion but can be weakened and irritated by aggressive bath cleansers such as SLS. Firming, nourishing body lotion ingredients feed strength back into the skin barrier and help keep your skin’s microbiome balanced and healthy.
- Body lotion comforts sore skin: Sensitive skin can be easily irritated by bathing in hot water or shaving but soothing body lotion actives bring comfort and calm to irritated skin.
- Body lotion lifts the mood: Body lotions made with soothing, natural essential oils can lift the mood and make you feel happy and relaxed.
- Body lotion keeps skin supple: Collagen-boosting body lotion actives can help slow the rate at which skin sags and help skin to look and feel younger.
Ingredients to avoid in body lotion
Some ingredients found in many body lotions are not as kind to skin as you might like.
- Alcohol (ethyl alcohol/ethanol) can cause dryness
- Artificial fragrances are a common cause of allergy and sensitivity
- Silicones act like a layer of cling-film and do not help the long-term health of your skin
What are good ingredients for body lotion?
These are some of the natural ingredients we use in our organic body lotions to relieve thirsty skin and leave it soft and supple.
- Calendula: Soothing Calendula moisturises and calms inflamed, irritated skin
- Squalane: Youth-boosting Squalane softens, moisturises to restores suppleness
- Perilla: Exceptionally nourishing Perilla has a repairing and soothing action
- Shea butter: Vitamin-rich Shea butter is deeply nourishing and an excellent moisturiser
- Evening Primrose: Supports collagen and elastin structured to revitalise dry, sagging skin
Discover our natural body lotions
As with all of our natural beauty products, our body lotions are packed with organic goodness and made without drying alcohol, parabens, petrochemicals and other harsh ingredients. They are eczema-friendly and kind to sensitive skin.
We hope you liked finding out about the benefits of body lotion. If you would like to find out more about our body moisturisers, our UK customer care team is happy to help. Please call 01403 740350 or chat to us on social @GreenPeopleUK.
|If you wish to republish this content, please credit Green People as the original creator with a link to "5 benefits of body lotion". Please do not use an affiliate link.|