More and more of us are experiencing high levels of stress in our lives and are suffering with the resulting mental and physical effects. It isn’t always possible to eliminate every cause of stress so it is important to have ways of dealing with it. To help you when you are under pressure, we have put together some practical tips for coping with stress.
STRESS RELIEVING EXERCISES
Exercise is a very effective natural way to push your worries out of your mind and practising exercises like Yoga and Pilates is a great way to relax.
These exercises involve stretching the body and taking deep, slow breaths which can help relieve tension in the back and shoulders and calm the mind.
Practising cardiovascular exercises and facial yoga will also help to give your circulation a boost and restore a glow to your skin.
5 WAYS TO DE-STRESS AT WORK
- Talk to H.R. about the cause of stress. Many people find their jobs and working lives stressful and if you are feeling overwhelmed at work, it is important that you speak to your manager or HR department to see if they can find a way to help relieve some of the pressure.
- Take a lunchbreak. Staying calm when you’re feeling flustered isn’t easy but making the time for a short break during the working day can be very helpful.
- Get out of the office. Breathing in a good supply of oxygen-rich air can help combat feelings of tiredness and give lacklustre skin a boost so try to take a few minutes to get away from your workspace to breathe in some fresh air.
- Head to a park. A walk around a park or other green space can be particularly beneficial in reducing stress levels and refocussing your mind.
- Take a minute to breathe. For times when you feel too busy for a break, try our simple 1-minute stress reliever exercise. All it involves is placing the tips of your fingers together and applying pressure. Do this for 60 seconds, concentrating your breathing as you do so.
HOW TO RELAX BEFORE BED
Is stress stopping you from sleeping? It’s important to get 8 hours of beauty sleep a night and the following stress-relieving tips could help you to switch off.
SOAK AWAY YOUR STRESS
Whilst stepping into the shower will wake you up, a soak in a warm bath with our Daily Aloe Shower Gel is a great way to unwind and wash your worries away. It contains soothing Lavender essential oil which helps to calm the mind and relieve skin inflammation.
Screen use is thought to be detrimental to good sleep and has also been linked to acne, eczema and skin ageing. Instead of scrolling through social media sites, switch off digital devices by 9pm and treat your skin to a night-time facial with our rejuvenating Nightly Rituals Starter Set.
CURB YOUR CAFFEINE CONSUMPTION
Caffeine culture can keep us awake and can have a detrimental effect on our skin. To sleep soundly, curb your coffee consumption and make yourself a cup of calming Chamomile tea instead.
Do you have some practical tips for coping with stress? We’d love you to share them with other readers. Join the conversation at @GreenPeopleUK or by commenting in the section below.